Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Growing so fast!

Such big eyes! (& very kissable cheeks)
Telling a big story!
GG would be proud
Playing in the crib together
No kidding!!
Watching daddy mow
Daddy adjusting the jumper
Helping with a diaper change
Cristian just turned 5 months yesterday! He's changing so much. He's very talkative and playful these days. He enjoys catching his feet and throwing his legs up in the air. He laughs & talks throughout most of the day. He sounds almost identical to Caden. At night we have to check the baby monitor to see which one is up. His sleeping schedule is much better, he tends to go down for the night around 11pm then wakes up around 6:30am ish, it feels so good to get more sleep! He's been sleeping on his tummy for probably over a month now which at first was a little nerveracking. I checked on him mulitple times throughout the night and turned him onto his back a few times which was pointless because he'd go back to his tummy in seconds. But one day after I finished changing his diaper I laid him in his crib so I could change Caden and I glanced over to check to see what he was doing and he turned from his tummy to his back which at the time I wasn't sure he could do. It eased my concerns some however, still to this day he won't turn from his tummy to his back in front of me, sneaky lil guy!
He's at the point where he tries to grab/swipe at everything in reach, a popular one is the glass momma's drinking out of. He also grabs at Caden's face and hair which is interesting to watch because Caden loves to receive attention back from Cristian. Cristian's also quite the little kickboxer. He turns our nursing sessions into a kickboxing game and my arm is his target. It's funny to watch him but it definitely gets tiring after awhile. :) Oh and today he pushed himself up on his knees while he was on his tummy playing on the floor so I'm wondering if he'll start crawling before too long!?
Caden looks more and more like a little boy in my eyes everyday. Lastnight he was so cute, Cristian's bib was lying on the sofa and he went over to get it then walked over to Cristian and patted his mouth then took it back to the sofa. He got the biggest grin afterwards. (He gets these big grins when he knows he's helping out or doing a big boy thing). He's getting ready to start Sonshine School at our church in a week. He'll go once a week for 5 hours. He'll have 2 teachers and he will be doing activities like bible stories, singing, books, art work and playtime indoors & outdoors with other kids his age. I know it will be great for him, Rocky suggested it and I wasn't on board with it at first but I'm more excited about it now. I guess I thought the first time I'd have to let him go like that would be Kindergarten and I had a few years to prepare for it! Just came sooner than expected.
Caden's big love right now are his books. He looks through most all of them everyday multiple times. He gets excited and smiles really big when I hand him a book even though he's already read it before over and over - so so cute. We have to read fast though to keep up with his page turning! :) His rocking giraffe (which also doubles as his stool) and lawn mower are also his top favorite toys.
Every morning he has a routine of putting his shoes on (even on the right foot about 95% of the time) b/c he thinks we might get to go outside before lunch. (Unfortunately, it rarely happens). His shoes are never in the same place since he takes them off or we take them off multiple times throughtout the day and it's amazing how he can find them in a flash when we're looking for them. He still says just over a handful of words like momma, dadda, this, that, ok, dag (dog), bebe (baby). He has some new words and their items in the pantry but I haven't decoded them yet. His words are wordier though and he talks with his hands all the time! So Cute! We can tell he's practicing hard. He's just like his dad though, he has an engineering mind, he always needs to investigate how everything works. He strategizes well too. His little rocking giraffe comes in very handy for him. He pushes it anywhere he needs it in order to reach something or to unlock a door or try to open a doorknob (Cristian's room is popular here, he always wants to go in his room while he's napping). Which I have another story now. This morning Cristian was taking his morning nap and I went in there to get his laundry, well Caden followed me in there and climbed up on the crib to check on Cristian. Once he saw that Cristian was asleep he turned around and told me to be quiet (he puts his finger over his lips & says shhh). Oh he's so entertaining.
As for Rocky and I - Rocky resumes classes tomorrow for his masters degree. And I'm busy with the boys. If you haven't heard Abby is getting married December 13th!!!! So I'm also busy helping prepare for the big occasion!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! I love the picture of your boys playing in the crib & Caden looking out the window...cute pictures!!

Rebekah said...

I haven't checked your blog in a while! I love all the pictures and stories! Your boys are precious!